These resources are available to staff working for Public Health organisations in Surrey and Sussex. Register for an OpenAthens account to make the most of the healthcare resources.
The ‘NHS Knowledge and Library Hub’ connects NHS staff and learners to high quality knowledge and evidence resources in one place.
Funded by Health Education England, it includes:
- Journals, books and databases
- Clinical decision support resources including NICE Guidelines and BMJ Best Practice
- Resources purchased nationally and locally
- One-click links to full-text, request a copy or contact an NHS library
Anatomy TV: Interactive 3D resource bank of images, video clips and slides
BMJ Best Practice: Clinical decision support tool, structured around patient consultation, advice on symptom evaluation, tests and treatment approach. Access thousands of clinical topics and 6000+ clinical guidelines. Create a personal account and download the app.
ClinicalKey: Provides access to a large collection of reference material, books, journals, images and videos
Clinical Knowledge Summaries: summaries of the current evidence base and practical guidance on best evidence
Cochrane Library: Reliable evidence on the effectiveness of healthcare interventions and treatments
NICE Evidence: Free, open access to a range of selected and authoritative health and social care evidence-based information
Trip: A clinical search engine providing quick and easy access to high quality research evidence. Filter by evidence type, images, date
The ‘NHS Knowledge and Library Hub’ links to journal citations, abstracts and some full-text articles.
These require OpenAthens
- AMED: The Allied and Complementary Medicine database covers allied health professions and alternative medicine including acupuncture, herbalism, homeopathy and physiotherapy
- BNI: The British Nursing Index contains comprehensive coverage of all nursing and midwifery titles in the UK in addition to a number of International titles
- CINAHL: Nursing and allied health care literature from Europe and North America
- EMBASE: European database of biomedical and pharmacological literature
- EMCARE: Nursing and allied health literature
- HMIC: UK focused data and records from the Department of Health and the King’s Fund on health service policy, the quality of health services, management and administration
- Medline: Clinical, medical and nursing literature
- PsychINFO: Psychology, psychiatry and related disciplines
PubMed: Extensive index of medical, biomedical and nursing resources. Some full-text articles are free access
Anatomy TV: Interactive 3D resource bank of images, video clips and slides which can be used for education and training purposes in lectures and presentations
Images in Clinical Medicine: Useful resource bank of freely available images, limit by specialty, media type and date
Trip: A clinical search engine providing quick and easy access to high quality research evidence. Filter by images or video
Wellcome Images: This open access resource provides a collection of biomedical images covering the history of medicine, and includes disease, surgery and general healthcare. Images are freely available to download for personal, academic teaching or study use