Staff working for South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Trust have a new dedicated Library service: LKS ASE and walk-in only access to the Surrey & Sussex Healthcare Libraries.
Your Librarian is Matt Holland
The ‘NHS Knowledge and Library Hub’ connects NHS staff and learners to high quality knowledge and evidence resources in one place.
Funded by Health Education England, it includes:
- Journals, books and databases
- Clinical decision support resources including NICE Guidelines and BMJ Best Practice
- Resources purchased nationally and locally
- One-click links to full-text, request a copy or contact an NHS library
All require OpenAthens unless otherwise indicated
BMJ Best Practice: Clinical decision support tool, structured around patient consultation, advice on symptom evaluation, tests and treatment approach. Access thousands of clinical topics and 6000+ clinical guidelines. Create a personal account and download the app.
Cochrane Library: Reliable evidence on the effectiveness of healthcare interventions and treatments
NICE Evidence: Free, open access to a range of selected and authoritative health and social care evidence-based information
Social Care Online: A database of information on social work and social care, it includes legislation, government documents, practice and guidance, systematic reviews and research briefings
Trip: A clinical search engine providing quick and easy access to high quality research evidence. Filter by evidence type, images, date
The ‘NHS Knowledge and Library Hub’ links to journal citations, abstracts and some full-text articles.
These require OpenAthens
- BNI: The British Nursing Index contains comprehensive coverage of all nursing and midwifery titles in the UK in addition to a number of International titles
- CINAHL: Nursing and allied health care literature from Europe and North America
- EMBASE: European database of biomedical and pharmacological literature
- HMIC: UK focused data and records from the Department of Health and the King’s Fund on health service policy, the quality of health services, management and administration
- Medline: Clinical, medical and nursing literature
- PsychINFO: Psychology, psychiatry and related disciplines
Behind the Headlines: Find the facts behind the newspaper headlines concerning health news
BNF Publications: The BNF APP is available to download
NHS choices Information from the National Health Service on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living
Patient – The same info as provided by GPs to patients during consultations, health/disease leaflets, patient support orgs, all about medicines